- Complete rewrite using Node.js (previously built in PHP)
- Using CodeMirror instead of Ace
- Features a beautiful, custom CodeMirror theme inspired by Atom's popular One Dark
- Upgraded to the latest tidy-html5 library
- Using the js-beautify Node module for JS/CSS (previously used a PHP library for CSS and the client-side version jf js-beautify for JS)
- Using local storage instead of cookies to save preferences indefinitely
- A handful of new options for JS and CSS formatting
- Removed the "hidden API" to make room for...
The new version of DirtyMarkup runs off its own REST API, which you can use for free as of today (contributions are strongly encouraged to keep the service free).
This is, of course, subject to change based on operating costs. I've set an initial soft limit of 1,000 requests per IP per day and will adjust as required. More info in the docs.
That said, I hope you enjoy the new version of DirtyMarkup!
If you build something with the API, I'd love it if you'd let me know.