This is one of the easiest CAPTCHA scripts you will ever use. While it doesn’t obscure the text, it will serve its purpose well for many people who need a low-level CAPTCHA solution. This script requires little-to-no setup. The only dependency is the PHP GD library.
Example CAPTCHA image:
It can be as simple as this to use, but it is also configurable:
<?php session_start(); include("captcha.php"); $_SESSION['captcha'] = captcha(); echo '<img src="' . $_SESSION['captcha']['image_src'] . '" alt="CAPTCHA" />'; ?>
- Use one or more PNG backgrounds
- Use one or more TTF or OTF fonts
- Set minimum/maximum code lengths (or optionally set the code itself)
- Configure which characters to use
- Set minimum/maximum font size
- Adjustable angle, font color, and shadow
- Includes the free font “Times New Yorker” (for demo purposes) and a sample background image (default.png)
Demo & Download
This project is actively maintained on GitHub. Please submit all issues and contributions to the project page. Licensed under both the MIT and the GNU GPL licenses.